Tuesday, November 25, 2008

When your whole life turns to POOP!

I have come to a new realization in life that is a bit funny to me.

Just 3 short years ago, I was a member of the "GIRLS DON'T POOP" theorist. I did not admit to, talk about, look at, or acknowledge that ANY girls pooped. I am pretty sure, I almost had Mike convinced that I didn't! And he was not allowed to talk about it, fart in front of me or leave a smell lingering through the house...We had been married for 3 years and I don't think I ever "pooped" with him around or any chance of finding out. It was my dirty little secret...

Fast forward to today! Delaney who is 3 years old and is just potty trained; this morning she calls me in to the bathroom, as she does EVERY time so that I can admire and congratulate her on her poop in the potty!!! We have to do a little dance and tell her what a GREAT job pooping she did!
Then there's Tristan- the newborn preemie- who once he started pooping and still, we tell him what a great job he did and admire his diaper and discuss with friends and family what color and consistency it is, along with how many times he's "gone" today!

I just find it odd that I spend most of my day congratulating and being SO PROUD of my kids for pooping! Something I used to think was un-natural.

5 comments:

Amie said...

See how motherhood changes you?! LOL

Aimée said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aimée said...

As you likely presumed, this is the first weblog about bowel elimination that I have ever had the pleasure of reading. I found it to be quite a provocative introspective.




lol I had to say something hoitey toitey since we are talkin' bout poop!

Char said...

I was totally shaking my head in agreement while reading this. I felt/feel the exact same way!

Becky at lifeoutoffocus said...

omg lol i remember how excited i was when hannah was pooping regularly on the potty!